Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sigh...YAY!!! Wait...

     Wow. Ok, I feel totally not efficient.... So on July 8th I went to see the play Harvey (what is the proper annotation for a play? if anyone knows, TELL ME) at Studio 54 in NYC. And I had a fanTABulous day, so I was going to post about it the day after. Well. So. Ok, it is now 10 days later. I feel really unproductive.

     Anyhoo, I GOT JIM PARSONS' AUTOGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is playing Elwood P. Dowd, the star of the play. For those of you who don't know, Harvey is about Elwood P. Dowd, who is best friends with a six foot tall invisible rabbit named Harvey. Pardon me, six feet three and a half inches. As I was saying, Elwood's sister Veta doesn't approve of his friend. Not that I can blame her; it is hard to get your socially awkward daughter married off when your (formerly) respectable Uncle Elwood wants company to meet an unseen rabbit. The entire play consists of Veta's attempts to commit her brother to a sanatorium (sanitarium, sanitorium, tomato, tomahto...), and all the events that happen along the way. It's,  hilarious.

     For you poor souls who either have no time for a half an hour of tv, or live as hermits, Jim Parsons plays Dr. Sheldon Cooper on the sitcom The Big Bang Theory. Before you think I am a nerd, rest assured that very little science actually shows up in the show and I usually wind up rofl. Jim Parsons is one of the rare stars who is actually a good person. Naturally, when Jim Parsons steps out of the stage door (where all true theater buffs or New Yorkers wait for autographs), the crowd suddenly forgets the concept of personal space. So I stuck my playbill and Sharpie in between some sweaty people, accidentally (somewhat) hitting a few people. Who got annoyed and shoved their stuff over mine. Jim Parsons, who had been about to sign mine, paused, moved everything out of the way, and signed my playbill. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but you have to truly like signing autographs to fix something as opposed to just continuing to sign down the line, finishing it as a chore.

     My other fun thing (that I will mention) was pistachio gelato from Balducci's. NEW FAVORITE FOOD!!!!!!!! It wasn't artificial (as shown by not being bright green), and absolutely delectable. Ha. That's a good word. I think I'll use it again. DELECTABLE!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha- ok random laughter over.

And thus concludes my post from a weekend long overdue. After one picture poking fun at our overseas friends the Brits.

Funny road signs - Secret Nuclear Bunker
I am slightly concerned as to the security of Great Britain. Or they have a really worrisome sense of humor.

Ok! That's the END!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment