Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Who Are We and Why Must We Fry Everything?

   NOTE: Looking back at this post, it is really kind of an identity post; a post about being yourself (and about the badness of friedness). You are warned.

  Although I thought I had previously decided this, I am now making it official. I am typing what I want to type, not what I think will get views. I would rather get random views or views for what I write as ME, than get views because I'm catering to the public. This is not a catering company, therefore I don't cater. Anyhoo, continuing on.

     Apparently fried turkey is becoming a big thing now??? Or maybe it's deep-fried... either way I don't get it. I mean, I'm sure it tastes good (if cooked correctly), but aren't we a bit hypocritical in this country? And fyi, this country refers to the lovely overweight and in debt US of A. Back on topic. How can we complain about the fact that everyone thinks we're fat? We're frying a TURKEY, for crying out loud. I can see it now...

"What are you thankful for sweetie?"
"Oh, Mommy, my cholesterol went up again!"
That's great, honey!"

Wouldn't that be so sad? Come on, people! We don't need fried food. Sure, it tastes awesome. So limit yourself, to, I don't know, fast food less than twice a month? Delayed gratification (hahaha I learned that in a finance class but I'm using it for food): it will taste better if you have it less because the taste won't become "normal." God forbid it ever does; we'll be rolling out the door.

I am out of things to say about unhealthiness, so... RANDOM PICTURES!!!

293786_398745076865941_1985367051_n_large
It's a CAMERA. Made of SODA CANS!!!! If this actually worked I would totally buy one.

Tumblr_m59sc1ugiw1rsp120o1_400_large
I love Victoria Justice!! Not a luv love, but more of an OMG YOU'RE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOUR SHOW AND YOUR MUSIC AND THE FACT THAT YOU'RE FAMOUS BUT STILL A DECENT HUMAN BEING kind of love.

73889_515071188517994_1535987138_n_large
Here is another thing that I take issue with. Why are we girls no longer allowed to EAT? I don't get this. Especially since half the time we do it not to stay thin (which is totally healthy), but because we don't want boyfriends or friends who are boys or that guy to see us as pigs. Hello? Practically every "advice for what guys like" article says they are not into sticks. Would you be into a stick? That makes you feel fat. So why put the guy through that?


And so I end with:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment