Friday, April 6, 2012

The Hunger Games

     So, I FINALLY saw The Hunger Games. It was AMAZING! Of course, being the kind of person who reads the books first, I had some issues with it. You're going to have to guess what they are, though, because I don't want to spoil the movie for those who have yet to experience its awesomeness. And considering that I sang loudly off key just so I didn't hear my friends talking about it, you aren't getting any specifics. I will tell you that the Seneca Crane... event... at the end is changed, but in a good way. The creators of the movie also added a riot in District ___, to keep things interesting. But then they went and took stuff out! What happened to Katniss telling Peeta she lied? Or the Avox scene? I can see leaving the Avox scene out, but are they going for some sort of love triangle now for Catching Fire?
     It seems to me that for every BIG teen series, they copy someone else. Except Harry Potter, which started it all. They split the seventh book into two movies (both of which I NEED to see), so then the Twilight people split their last book into two movies. Twilight had a love triangle, so now The Hunger Games seems to be expanding on that. They already had one, but not to the extent that I think it will be if there is a Catching Fire movie.
     On a different note, how many people want Katniss's hair? Those braids are awesome! And is anyone else feeling the irony of the fact that Jennifer Lawrence, a blonde, got dyed brunette, while Josh Hutcherson, a brunette, got dyed blonde?
     So... are you Team Peeta, or Team Gale?

No comments:

Post a Comment