Monday, April 2, 2012

What's the Big Idea?

     So this is my first post. Ever. I was trying to think of something deep and meaningful to write about, but I figured, what's the big deal? No one is going to be reading this for awhile, anyway. Besides, the best pearls of wisdom are said by accident. Wow. That sounds really cheesy, but there was no other way to put it. If you spend forever attempting to come up with words of wisdom, you have no time to get the prerequisite, experience. Or in some cases, dumb luck. Without either of those, you just sound stupid. Or crazy. And I can sound like both at times.
     All I'm saying is, well, nothing at all actually at the moment. But that's the point. This is a blog. More importantly, it is my blog, which means that while hopefully at some point there will be a purpose to this blog, at the moment it is nothing but a subjection of the general public to my randomness. So do yourself a favor and don't expect to find anything on this blog, okay?
     Sometimes I'll blog a really long post about absolutely nothing. Or I'll post nothing at all. But sometimes a precious bit of thought might make its way onto this website. A cute little story. A song or a poem that means something to me. A funny photo, or a video. And maybe, just maybe, I'll say something that makes someone's day. Or something that makes someone, just one person, stop somewhere and think. That is the point of this blog.
     I want people to think. Think about why they do things, or why one thing is allowed and one thing is not. Wonder why things are the way they are. I'm not saying that I want to convert everyone to how I think, or what I believe. Because everyone is their own person, with their own thoughts and ideas. But I believe in change, and if you don't think, you don't change. I don't want to change you, whoever you are. I want to change the world. One little sentence at a time. Because every big idea, every meaningful event, was triggered by something small. And maybe, just maybe, my small sentence will trigger your big idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment